To all Club Secretaries and Coaches:
New Junior District League for winter season
Tennis Tayside is looking to pilot a new junior District League for the upcoming winter season. This pilot scheme will be a newly structured Mini Red and Orange league with hopeful expansion up through the older age groups in seasons to come. The pilot for this winter will be structured as follows:
- The league will be open to all Tayside clubs who wish to participate.
- The league will be hosted at a central venue (likely St Andrews) and will be scheduled on a number of Sunday’s throughout the winter season (October – March).
- Mini Red and Orange teams will consist of 4 players each.
- In the event of a high number of clubs sending teams the leagues will be broken into divisions to cater for all abilities of player.
- The day will be coordinated by a team of helpers and tennis leaders enabling a great learning environment for inexperienced juniors whilst offering the chance of strong competition for more seasoned players. We will be in contact regarding help from club juniors and tennis leaders closer to the time.
We hope that this pilot scheme will be the start of a sustainable district league system, sitting alongside current tournaments allowing juniors to get out and compete more regularly and integrate with juniors from other clubs. We also hope that this league will aid the spotting of promising young junior players for district programmes.
Off the back of all this we are looking to gauge an idea of how many teams we could expect to compete in this league so that we can start to put plans in place and compile fixture lists. If you would be interested in sending teams, please make contact with Jack Ganley (mob: 07928336700 email: firstname.lastname@example.org) stating how many red and orange teams your club would like to participate. We would be looking for a response by the end of August. If you have any further queries or would just like to know more information, please do not hesitate to contact Jack, he would be more than happy to help.