ARE YOU PLAYING IN TENNIS TAYSIDES COMPETITIONS – THEY ARE ALL THE YEAR ROUND!
Tennis Tayside hosts 24 League Divisions throughout the year, It covers all ages from juniors to seniors, has separate ladies and gents doubles Leagues and a mixed doubles League. Even during the winter months indoor facilities are available for Tennis Tayside at David Lloyds, Monifieth.
The structure of the league format invites all our clubs to participate, it’s great fun, competitive but hugely enjoyable at all times!
- There are a total of 6 Ladies and 7 Gents doubles summer divisions.
- The Ladies and Gents doubles leagues run from the end of April to the beginning of July
- Juniors can play in 3 leagues, aspiring to reach the Super League, the premier division
- The Juniors compete between the start of May and finish at the beginning of July.
- The Juniors match results are fed back to the LTA for their individual rating scores
- The Mixed Doubles League is called the Henderson Vase and has 5 divisions.
- This commences after the completion of the Ladies and Gents Leagues. It runs from early
July to the end of August.
- These are played indoors at David Lloyd, Monifieth
- Clubs can enter four person teams or join in with another club
- The format is ladies and gents doubles, followed by mixed doubles
- There is a time limit of two hours and matches played on 2 indoor courts.
- This League generally runs from early November to late March.
THE SCOTTISH CUP COMPETITION:
Any affiliated club, commercial club or university within Tayside can enter the Scottish Inter-Club Challenge Cup. This competition is intended to be the premier Scottish event for ladies and gents doubles. It’s a knock – out tournament and the early rounds are played in Tayside, where the section winners then progress to compete in the national stages, with the finals of the ladies and gents being played at Craiglockhart, Edinburgh.
- The event starts at the end of April, with the finals being played midway through June.
- Each club can enter a maximum of two teams, being one ladies and one gents team.
- It involves 3 doubles couples, with all couples competing against the other 3 couples.
- Tennis Tayside can enter a total of 4 teams (the winners and runners up of 2 ladies and
2 gents) into the national stage of the cup.
- All the team members must be a current affiliated member of the club they are
representing in this competition.